Are you a Data Scientist looking for a new challenging environment where you can optimise your creative and visionary side?
If yes, then we have just the role for you.
Our client is using their home grown, scalable, and smart data platform to unburden humans of the manual job of making sense of endlessly growing volumes of data and passing this responsibility onto machines.
This role is unable to provide sponsorship and all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
This is a contract to perm opportunity.
- A scientific or mathematical background with an aptitude for computer science and excellent coding skills
- Strong background in classical machine learning and deep knowledge in a variety of techniques in feature selection, regression, classification, and clustering, and their real-world advantages and drawbacks
- Hands-on experience with applied mathematics, e.g., linear algebra, probability, and statistics
- Proficient with R (preferred), or Python, and their respective library ecosystems
- Ability to multitask with attention to details
- Familiarity with financial analytics and time series econometrics is a plus
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing tools is a plus
- Practical experience with semantic text analysis and deep learning is a plus