Are you a Principle Data Scientist looking for a new challenging environment where you can optimise your creative and visionary side?
If yes, then we have just the role for you.
Our client is using their home grown, scalable, and smart data platform to unburden humans of the manual job of making sense of endlessly growing volumes of data and passing this responsibility onto machines.
They are looking for passionate, hands-on, data-oriented individuals eager to learn new skills, and mentor their colleagues in areas where they themselves excel. You should be self-motivated and able to recognise long term needs and proactively address them.
This role is unable to provide sponsorship and all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
This is a contract to perm opportunity.
You will also be responsible for working closely with the US data science team. You will define and manage a variety of data science projects,. This will include designing and implementing machine-learning algorithms and micro-services as well as creating application pipelines which pull data from a universe of ingested data sets, refine them to extract information, and make predictions and generate signals to inform investments.
- A scientific or mathematical background with an aptitude for computer science and excellent coding skills
- Strong background in classical machine learning and deep knowledge in a variety of techniques in feature selection, regression, classification, and clustering, and their real-world advantages and drawbacks
- Hands-on experience with applied mathematics, e.g., linear algebra, probability, and statistics
- Proficient with R (preferred), or Python, and their respective library ecosystems
- Ability to multitask with attention to details
- Familiarity with financial analytics and time series econometrics is a plus
- Able to mentor junior data scientists through code reviews and best practices
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing tools is a plus
- Practical experience with semantic text analysis and deep learning is a plus
- Management experience essential