Resource on Demand are a specialist IT recruitment agency who help both job seekers and employers, and have vast experience of guiding job seekers through the on-boarding process. After a job seeker has accepted an offer of employment extended to them by a company, we highly recommend they begin their preparation for the first day, as soon as possible. To help we have put together a checklist of what you should do before your first day.
- Start putting together a hand-over document for your current company
- Begin researching your new company, make sure you know about them, what they do, about their competitors and the market place in general
- If you have been sent an induction pack, make sure you read it and ask about anything you are not sure of
- Confirm any pre-booked holiday with your new employer
- Ensure you know where you need to go for your first day and what time you need to be there
- Plan your journey (and alternative routes)
- Find out who you will be meeting upon your arrival
- Ensure you are familiar with their dress code
- Check what documentation you will need for your first day (i.e. signed contracts, photo ID, work visa, National Insurance number, bank details etc)
- Confirm if you are required to bring your own device
- Don’t forget to take a notepad and pen. Your first day will likely be a lot of note-taking and listening, so make sure you arrive prepared!
Finally, all that is left to say is have fun and good luck.
If you are looking for your dream job, then contact email@example.com and one of our consultants will be in contact with you.